1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of allegiance to the flag
a. KELLY STANFORD. Ms. Stanford is member services manager for the Michigan Municipal League and will speak on membership services.
b. REPRESENTATIVE BERT JOHNSON. Representative Johnson will make a presentation on issues confronting the Michigan legislature.
5. Public comments concerning agenda items
SECTION I: PUBLIC HEARINGS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CITY OF HAMTRAMCK
The City of Hamtramck is holding a Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM in the City Council Chambers on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, 3401 Evaline, Hamtramck, MI 48212, to receive comments from the public on the proposed 2008-2009 city budget.
The public is invited to attend and make comments during the Public Hearing or to make written comments on or before May 12, 2008. Written comments should be made to the attention of the City Clerk, 3401 Evaline, Hamtramck, MI 48212.
SECTION II: UNFINISHED BUSINESS–Ordinances scheduled for second reading and ordinances or resolutions previously postponed.
SECTION III: CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS
The following items will be adopted on a single motion without discussion unless a councilmember requests separate consideration.
1. City council meeting minutes-
a. April 22, 2008 regular meeting
b. April 29, 2008 special meeting
c. April 30, 2008 special meeting
2. Board and commission minutes
a. Human Relations Commission Minutes–April 15, 2008 meeting
3. Fund warrant list and payroll. Backup materials for all bills listed for payment are available in the controller’s office.
a. Letter from Henry Velleman wanting to discuss theft of heating and air conditioning equipment.
b. Letter from Ramsey Hussain and Lorraine Robinson about noise at Jets Pizza.
5. Board of Review information materials
6. RESOLUTION APPROVING NEIGHBORHOOD ENTERPRISE ZONE PROPERTY TAX ABATEMENT CERTIFICATES FOR SPECIFIC PROPERTIES IN THE DESIGNATED R-31 NEIGHBORHOOD ENTERPRISE ZONE Approval of certificates for 11446 Grand Haven and 11408 Grand Haven which are part of the Grand Haven/Dyar R-31 project.
SECTION IV: NEW BUSINESS–Ordinance introductions and resolutions for initial consideration.
1. RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE BUDGET FOR THE 2008-09 FISCAL YEAR (JULY 1, 2008-JUNE 30, 2009) FOR THE CITY OF HAMTRAMCK, MICHIGAN See public hearings for the budget hearing.
INFORMATIONAL–The following ordinance will be considered on May 27, 2008.
AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE GENERAL APPROPRIATIONS OF THE CITY, AND SETTING FORTH THE AMOUNTS APPROPRIATED TO DEFRAY THE EXPENDITURES AND SETTING FORTH A STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REVENUES, BY SOURCE, IN EACH FUND; TO ADOPT THE CITYS BUDGETS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2008-09; TO ADOPT THE FEE SCHEDULE FOR PUBLIC RECORDS AND SERVICES FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2008-09; AND TO ADOPT WATER AND SEWAGE DISPOSAL RATES FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2008-09.
2. AN ORDINANCE REQUIRING CONTRIBUTION DISCLOSURE IN ZONING, SPECIAL USE AND DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS The ordinance requires disclosure of political contributions by property owners, developers and professionals as part of the city’s commitment to openness in government and provide further guarantees for a fair and impartial variance and development approval process for matters before the city council, planning commission, zoning board of appeals, economic development corporation, brownfield authority and downtown development authority. Placed on the agenda by councilmember Gordon.
SECTION V: OTHER ITEMS
1. City managers reports
2. Non-agenda items and other business
3. Public comments
NOTE: Anyone planning to attend the meeting who has need of special assistance under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is asked to contact the city clerks office at (313) 876-7700, 48 hours before the meeting. Staff will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements.